Art & About Sydney EOI terms and conditions
1. Acceptance of projects may be subject to an interview process, following which the City reserves the right to accept projects in part or full.
2. A range of projects will be selected. Selection will be at the sole discretion of the City.
3. Projects supported and produced through this EOI will have a primary focus on presentation as part of Art & About Sydney festival or program.
4. Projects selected will be subject to a timeline to be developed in consultation with the artist at the conclusion of stage 2.
5. The City reserves the right to consider proposals for presentation dates beyond June 2018 subject to both parties reaching agreement.
6. The City enters into a range of producing and presenting relationships with artists and organisations which will be agreed and discussed prior to entering into a contract.
7. Any other engagements and presenting partnerships should be disclosed.
8. A draft copy of the artwork agreement will be provided to you for your consideration at the time of shortlisting.
9. Where other funding partners are required, these should be disclosed to avoid conflict of interest and benefits provided.
10. Artists will be responsible for obtaining public liability and workers compensation insurance for selected projects.
11. Respondents are invited to submit more than one proposal, however, it should be noted that where artists are credited as working on several Art & About Sydney projects the City may request they be replaced to avoid conflict of interest and ensure commitments are achievable.
City of Sydney procurement guidelines
By submitting an EOI, the respondent acknowledges that:
a) Council at its absolute discretion reserves the right to accept or reject any EOI, to decide the tender list regardless of any EOI and to issue or not issue a request for tender.
b) Council at its absolute discretion reserves the right to reject the offer of any bidder who has any unresolved disputes with the City.
c) Any costs incurred by respondents in any way associated with the preparation and submission of this EOI, will be entirely borne by the respondent.
d) No legal or other obligations will arise between a respondent and Council unless or until formal documentation has been signed.
Information and Enquiries
Where a bidder has any doubt about the meaning of any aspect of the expression of interest, the bidder must make enquiries about and clarify matters with Council’s tendering officer. All enquiries about the expression of interest must be referred in writing to Council's tendering officer.
All communications related to this EOI should be addressed to the Council’s tendering officer (via the contact details specified on our website) and not to other Council officers or other persons.
Bidder not to solicit Council personnel
Bidders (or any representative of a bidder) must not at any time before Council makes a final decision to accept a bid, contact or interview or attempt to interview or to discuss or to attempt to discuss with Council members, employees, authorised representatives other than Council's tendering officer in accordance with the expression of interest, any matter about the expression of interest or any other expression of interest submitted in response to the expression of interest. Council reserves the right to reject any bid submitted by a bidder which contravenes this condition.
Information provided in this EOI or imparted to any bidder as part of the tendering process must only be used for the purpose of preparing and submitting an EOI response. Receipt of this document implies acceptance of this condition.
Information supplied by a bidder will not be treated as commercially sensitive or confidential unless specifically requested by the bidder. Information received by Council may be subject to disclosure to the public under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 and regulations unless it has been provided in confidence, relates to commercially sensitive information or falls within an exemption from disclosure under that act.